1666 E. Lincoln Avenue
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Where automation engineers find local automation solutions...
AKD PDMM Programmable Drive by Kollmorgen
The AKD PDMM® combines one AKD servo axis and a master controller that supports up to seven or more additional AKD axes in a single, compact package. It provides integrated control for multiple high-performance axes, complete I/O and HMI interfaces, and includes the full automation capabilities of Kollmorgen Automation Suite™—giving you a single, scalable development environment for both AKD PDMM® and PAC-based machines.
• Kollmorgen Automation Suite™ provides fully integrated programming, testing, setup and commissioning
• Embedded web server utility simplifies service
• Control 8 axes or more* while reducing machine footprint:
• EtherCAT multi-axis master motion controller integrated with a standard AKD® drive axis
• Full IEC61131-3 soft PLC for machine control, with support for all 5 programming languages
• Choice of PLCopen for motion or Pipe Network™ for programming motion control
• 32 kB non-volatile memory stores machine data to eliminate scrap upon restart after power failure
• SD Card slot simplifies backup and commissioning, with no PC required
• Onboard I/O includes 13 digital inputs, 4 digital outputs, 1 analog input, 1 analog output
(expandable with AKT series of remote I/O)
• Works with Kollmorgen Visualization Builder™ for programming AKI human-machine interface
• Enables plug-and-play compatibility with your servomotor
• Provides access to all the advantages of Kollmorgen´s breadth of motor platforms including
AKM®, CDDR™, and other direct-drive technologies
• Supports real-time performance feedback from Smart Feedback Devices (SFD), EnDat2.2, 01,
BiSS, Analog Sine/Cos encoder, incremental encoder, HIPERFACE®, and resolver
• Full-frequency autotuning ensures perfect motion across the performance spectrum
Kollmorgen is a leading provider of motion systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the globe. With over sixty years of motion control design and development expertise, Kollmorgen delivers breakthrough solutions unmatched in performance, reliability and ease-of-use.
Through world-class knowledge in motion, industry-leading quality, and deep expertise in linking and integrating standard and custom products, Kollmorgen provides OEMs with the competitive advantage they need to succeed.