The 3 finger adaptive gripper by Robotiq is electrically powered giving it flexible sensing capabilities. This product excels in applications dealing with high mix production. Further, machine tending processes that include a wide variety of parts often sounds like complexity and expensive custom tooling. Now your robot only needs a single robotic gripper to handle all your parts.
• The fingers are under-actuated, meaning they have fewer motors than the total number of joints.
This configuration allows the fingers to automatically adapt to the shape of the object.
• Can engage up to ten points of contact
• Two types of grips: fingertip grip and the encompassing grip.
• Great compatibility with the line of Universal Robots.
There are four types of operation modes:
• Basic Mode for objects that have one dimension longer than the other two.
• Wide Mode is optimal for gripping round or large objects
• Pinch Mode is used for small objects that have to be picked precisely.
• Scissor Mode is used primarily for tiny objects. This mode is less powerful than the other three modes, but is precise. In scissor mode, it is not possible to surround an object.
• Stroke: 0 to 155 mm
• Object diameter for encompassing grip: 20 to 155 mm
• Weight: 2.3 kg
• Encompassing Grip Payload: 10 kg
• Fingertip Grip Payload: 2.5 kg
• Grip Force Fingertip Grip: 15 to 60 N
• Closing Speed Fingertip Grip: 22 to 110 mm/s
• Parallel Grip Repeatability: 0.05 mm