The MC464 supports up to 64 axes of motion with 64 bit integer position registers for ultra precise axis resolution. Using expansion modules the MC464 supports up to 64 networked digital drives, 24 analogue servo drives, 24 pulse and direction drives and 64 absolute and incremental encoders in any combination.
The built-in Ethernet port allows programming and connection of common HMI and PLC protocols directly to the MC464. User programs can be written in Trio’s established multi-tasking TrioBASIC language using the powerfulMotion Perfect application development software making complex motion easy. Also available as an option is the industry standard IEC 61131-3 languages allowing fully functional PLC programming system.
The MC464 features a total of 64 axes in software. Any axes not assigned to built-in hardware can be used as a virtual axis. Every axis can be programmed to move using linear, circular or helical or spherical interpolation, electronic cams, linked axes and gearboxes. The power of the controller allows for multiple robotic transformations to run simultaneously.
A bright easy to read backlit display enables the controller status to be easily determined, whilst the single piece metal cast backplate provides an integrated earth chassis to improve noise rejection in the industrial environment.
The axis expansion modules feature many options for Drive Network interfaces, analogue servo, pulse/direction, absolute or incremental feedback and accurate hardware registration.
• EtherCAT, Sercos, SLM and RTEX Digital Drive Interfaces
• Up to 25 Axes Conventional Servo/Stepper
• Linear, Circular, Helical and Spherical Interpolation
• Flexible CAM shapes, Linked Motion
• EnDAT and SSI Absolute Encoder Supported
• Hardware Linked Outputs for Camera / Laser Control
• Ethernet-IP / Modbus TCP / Ethernet Interface Built-In
• 125 – 2000 µsec Selectable Servo Update
• Anybus-CC Module for Flexible Factory Comms incl. ProfiNet/Profibus
• IEC 61131-3 Programming
• Multi-tasking BASIC Programming
• Text File Handling
• Robotic Transformations
• SD Memory Card Slot
• CANopen IO Expansion
• Backlit LCD display
• RoHS, UL and CE approved